A more just, renewable, and prosperous world through open governments, open education and open technology.
Employing open technology to build powerful solutions for public good.
- We believe technology, governments, education and society at large are all bettered through openness and collaboration.
- We believe in social justice for all regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, and place or circumstances of birth.
- We believe realizing one's potential in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math is an opportunity every child should have.
- We believe in and are endorsers of the Principles for Digital Development.
- We believe in and support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the UN in 2015 and that they must apply to all countries to build a better world.
OpenWise is a social enterprise first established in Maryland, USA as a benefit corporation that now operates globally. We offer educational and professional opportunities to marginalized kids in STEM with a focus on social justice through our nonprofit OpenWise Learning. We also practice what we teach by providing technology consulting services and solutions to our clients who produce public goods either in nonprofits, education, government or global development. Our company provides strategic planning and technology management services specializing in Open Source technologies.
OpenWise’s areas of expertise include cloud solutions, data science and visualization, education technology (edTech), nonprofit technology (nptech), health technology (eHealth & mHealth), and technology for sustainable agriculture (m-Agri & ICT4Ag). OpenWise provides configuration & integration services for Constituent Relationship Management (CRM), Content Management Systems (CMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Private Branch Exchange (PBX), Learning Management Systems (LMS), Course Management Systems (CMS), and Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and more.
We established OpenWise with a dual mission of leveraging open source to create STEM opportunities for marginalized kids and technology solutions for our clients. You can learn more about our youth STEM education program, OpenWise Learning, on the site for that part of our organization.